Hey everyone, today I present a simple ribbon choker necklace DIY tutorial! This is a great DIY as it only takes about 15 minutes to do. I may be slightly behind the times (as always) but I have finally noticed all the choker necklaces that seem to be around at the moment. So I decided to make one from stuff I have in my craft stash…
What you will need:
- Some ribbon (probably at least 20cm)
- Need and thread
- Sew on popper fastener
You could also use any type of fastener you have lying round like Velcro, buttons, hook and eye…
- Measure your neck and add 1 inch/2.5cm to this number cut the ribbon to this length (I had to cut 13inches). Cut the ribbon at an angle to stop it from fraying!
- Sew one half of the fastener onto one end of the ribbon
- Turn the ribbon over and sew the other part on. I tacked it on first to check the length, which was lucky as I started on the wrong side!
- Trim any excess ribbon off
- Voila! The finished necklace
You could probably even speed this up even more by gluing your fastener onto the necklace (just make sure you check the length first!). If you have a long ribbon lying around you could even just tie it around your neck with a pretty bow at the back (or front!)
Let me know if you try this out! And if you need anymore choker necklace inspiration check out this Pinterest board: