Hello to everyone that finds this post!
As this blog title suggests this is my first ever blog post so I am going to share with you a bit about me, what this blog will be about and what you have to look forward to (hopefully!). Hint:
I started making jewellery about four years ago and got hooked because it finally meant I could make bracelets that fit my stupidly tiny wrists! I love to make lots of different types of braided jewellery like macrame, kumihimo and friendship bracelets as well as dabbling in stuff like chainmaille, beading and the odd bit of wirework. I decided to start this blog as I hadn’t really seen many blogs focusing on making different sorts of braided jewellery (please let me know if you know of any!) and gives me an excuse to makes even more jewellery!
So this blog will contain loads of different posts about (mainly…) handmade jewellery. And here is a list of stuff I am hoping to include:
- DIYs for a range of different levels (should force me to improve my skills too!),
- Jewellery fashion and trends – what is up and coming, what gemstones, colours, metals, styles are in fashion and how to style them
- New products from my etsy shop (sorry, a bit of shameless self promotion there!)
- How to store and look after your jewellery
- And various other bits and bobs I can think of and seem vaguely relevant!
One thing that never seems to go out of style are friendship bracelets so the first thing I will bring to you over the next few weeks is a series on how to make simple macrame friendship bracelets complete with photos, simple instructions and lots of ideas of how to style them including different materials and different colours you can use (basically all of them!).
Hopefully there should be a bit for everyone whether you are brand new to jewellery making, have more advanced skills or just want to look at pretty pictures of jewellery. If there is anything you would like to know more about, diys/posts you would like to see or just want to give some feedback then please comment below or send me a message.
See you soon! x